Stranger in My Arms

Stranger in My Arms - Lisa Kleypas Probably like 2.5 stars but I'm going to be generous and give it 3. I think I would have been better off with an eBook of this because I didn't care for the narrator much on the audio book. I don't think her voice was well suited to this kind of sexy story. Hmm, how to say this, like her voice is just too old sounding or something. She had the kind of voice that would be better suited to narrating Agatha Christie novels.

Going to honest and say that I found Lara to be a pretty unlikable woman. Her Self-righteous crusading got on my nerves and felt very preachy to me. Parts of the book had too much politically correct modern sentiments for the time period. That's typical of many modern regency romances but in this case it really didn't mesh well with the rest of the story and just served to make the characters seem hypocritical in their actions.

I dearly wish that I hadn't wasted one of my precious audible credits on it. Pretty disappointed because I've liked other books by this author.