Kaptara Volume 1  - Kagan McLeod, Chip Zdarsky
What did I just read? Uck. I didn't like this. The description of this book said:

"Keith Kanga crash lands on KAPTARA, a world filled with danger and weird danger and dangerous weirdos! And if he can't survive, then Earth, the place where YOU live, is doomed! Come check out this sci-fi comedy from Chip Zdarsky (SEX CRIMINALS) and Kagan McLeod (Infinite Kung-Fu). Collects KAPTARA #1-5."

I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't this 1984-Saturday-Morning-Cartoons-on-Crack-Pink-and-Purple-Furies-Abound-Story. I don't really know what else to call it, but mostly it reminds me of like a really crappy version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.

And I didn't find it funny. I didn't even smile once. I'm sure that my overall expression was one of distaste. In the end I guess I'll just say that this is just not my thing.

Extended Review with Pictures:

I obtained this book through NetGalley's Read It Now program at first but I also own a digital copy that was included in Humble Comics Bundle Image Featuring Creators Own Worlds.