Bizenghast Volume 1 - M. Alice LeGrow

Bizenghast, Volume 1
by M. Alice LeGrow

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Hahaha, what did I just read? This is a quirky one. Very, gothic. Lots of pretty costumes.

You know if you read manga there tends to be a slow build up and it's not uncommon to have like 10 to 20+ volumes. This looks like it has 8 out, and I have no idea if that is the end of the series or not.

Anyway, this story is about a girl who's parents died in a car accident and she seems to have some mental problems of some sort. She is living with her aunt at this place that was some sort of asylum / school for boys... and it's weird. Hints are dropped about some great mystery surrounding the school, the woods about the town, and a bunch of missing bodies. Honestly it all creeped me out a little, it has supernatural themes too.

I think they have the first 7 volumes of this up on Scribd where I'm reading this right now.

Oh, and this is an original english language manga.  I think you can sort of see that in the art as well.  It looks like manga art but is sorta doesn't either.  It took me a chapter or two to get used to it but now I like it quite well. Image3Image1Image4Image5Image2 View all my reviews