G.I. JOE Volume 1: Homefront (G.I. Joe (IDW Numbered)) - Fred Van Lente, Steve Kurth

G.I. JOE Volume 1: HomefrontG.I. JOE Volume 1: Homefront by Steve Kurth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I got a trial month of Scribd to try out and this is the first thing I picked.

I had read some of the old Marvel G.I. JOE series but this is the first of the IDW G.I. JOE comics I've ever read. Maybe it's just the nostalgia but I really liked it despite it getting off to a bit of a snarky start.

At about the halfway point I got sucked right into the story and finished it pretty fast. I like the art in this volume too, there are some great images of my favorite villainess The Baroness in here. I liked Cover Girl's costume a lot too, and it's got a bit of humor about the toy line.

Oh, there are a few pages in the back about the history of G.I. JOE toys and their history that I found quite interesting to read. I'm looking forward to reading the next volume.

This is the team featured in the story,  with the addition of Duke and a media specialist called Hashtag. Image1

Oh, I took a snip of one feature of the Scrbd comic reader that I liked.  If you put the pages up to the largest setting the pages will be flush with each other as you scroll down.  This made it really easy to read through with only using the mouse wheel for navigation.

Image2