Convergence leaves us with endless possibilities and that's something to look forward to.

Convergence - Jeff King, Carlo Pagulayan, Scott Lobdell

I received a free review copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley.com in exchange for feedback and my honest opinion.

Convergence is a feast for the eyes, and balm for the soul of the hard core fan of DC Comics. Old friends we have been on many an adventure with have at last returned; will their stories progress in new and exciting ways?

The artwork stands out from the beginning to the end with fine details and vibrant colors that lends itself well to this tale of the fabulous.

The strongest and weakest point of Convergence is its dependency on a huge cast of characters and previous back-stories. This is a lot of fun for long time readers but can be a source of confusion and annoyance for those who may not have read the source material.

The set up for this story is fairly simplistic. Brainiac has kidnapped cities from all the different alternate realities that have ever existed in the DC Universe; and brought them to a strange world to fight to be the one city that will get to live. Of course most of our heroes are unwilling to go along with this nonsense even under threats and they conspire to defeat Brainiac and his servant Telos.

The story primarily features characters from the current running series Earth 2, and from the old swords and sorcery comic Warlord. Special attention is given to Earth 2's Dick Grayson, who has been separated from his young son James. There are tons of cameo appearances and bit parts from other eras of the DC Universe. I was most excited to see the old New Teen Titans, who I absolutely adored and still miss.